Back in the day, Jewish wives treasured a document called a ketubah that was signed at their marriage by the bride and groom, the rabbi or other officiant and two or more witnesses to the wedding.
The word ketubah derives from the Hebrew word for a writing, and this document served many functions.
Married women, for example, carried their ketubah especially when they traveled with their husbands, so that it would be known by inns along the way that this was a married couple.
Read more about this document at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketubah
(Press < to return to this page.)
Since my university based health care provider posts vaccine information on MyChart, I can quickly download my COVID-19 vaccination record. I printed a copy of this document and carry it with other documents (like my ID card, etc.) to show that I was vaccinated for COVID-19.
But not all people use MyChart, or have any other convenient way to store and copy information about their COVID-19 vaccine status.
Now that many establishments are opening up for people who are vaccinated, it becomes more necessary than ever to have a reliable way of demonstrating this.
I would like to see the establishment of a standardized COVID-19 ketubah, a writing, for those vaccinated against COVID-19. This would be a standardized document that could be carried as full sized certificate and/or as a wallet card showing that the person named therein had been vaccinated for COVID-19, when and where this was done, and which vaccine had been administered.
This could save a lot of confusion!
###
