Who can forget Madonna's performance as Evita Peron in the movie adaptation of the Broadway hit, EVITA?
The most memorable song from this musical was "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina," when the beloved Argentine first lady knew her end was imminent.
Don't cry for me, Argentina!
The truth is I never left you.
I’ve kept my promise,
Don’t keep your distance,
All through my wild days,
My mad existence
Many are crying during these difficult days. Even a well known American politician, Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has been known to cry!
For example, when Senator LaMar Alexander (R-TN) recently decided to retire, Senator Mitch McConnell actually burst into tears.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics/mitch-mcconnell-lamar-alexander-tribute/index.html
And:
This is the same Senator Mitch McConnell who had nothing but smiles and chuckles as COVID-19 illness and deaths continued to escalate!
As I lie here in lonely quarantine, I cannot help thinking:
Don’t cry for me Mitch McConnell,
I’m not your Senate buddy,
All through these sad days,
While COVID's winning,
You've kept your distance,
And kept on grinning!
###

