Sprinly and Freshly are two subscription meal service companies I've enjoyed over the past few months. They deliver ready to heat and eat meals in cold packs.
Both of these meal services which arrive in cold packs are pricey but worth it for me, as I now have no car (and cannot drive without pain) and shopping and food prep are both difficult for me. This updates the post on a similar topic:
http://www.joansbackbonedisaster.com/2020/03/shopping-with-covid19.html
Both of these meal services which arrive in cold packs are pricey but worth it for me, as I now have no car (and cannot drive without pain) and shopping and food prep are both difficult for me. This updates the post on a similar topic:
http://www.joansbackbonedisaster.com/2020/03/shopping-with-covid19.html
SPRINLY www.sprinly.com 800-686-8036
Very nice meals, all plant-based and gluten-free, ready to heat and eat! This means my two allergies, gluten and casein, are covered. Unfortunately the website is not very user friendly (at least not to me!)
Very nice meals, all plant-based and gluten-free, ready to heat and eat! This means my two allergies, gluten and casein, are covered. Unfortunately the website is not very user friendly (at least not to me!)
After being totally confused by their website, I spoke with Sprinly on the phone. Six meals a week was too many so they helped me set up an EVERY OTHER WEEK arrangement. (I could not do this at their website but they were most helpful on the phone).
Customers may also contact support@sprinly.com.
Because they don't have a four meal option, I chose a bi-weekly option for six meals delivered every other week. I feel reasonably safe doing this because they are cooked and plant based. Fingers crossed! They seem to keep well in the fridge so half a meal plus whatever little salad I put together for myself is perfect.
FRESHLY www.freshly.com
Freshly is the company featured in the TV Ads where someone is saying "Honey, we don't have to cook anymore!"
Freshly automatically repeats your most recent order each week unless you change or cancel in advance on their website.
The meals are very good, the website is easy to navigate, and it's easy to pause for a week or more. They have a four-dish per week option that works best for me.
I can choose from a long list of offerings. These virtually all include animal-based foods However, selecting my meals takes time because most of their many offerings have gluten and/or milk products of some kind so I spend a lot of time going over ingredient labels.
I made my own reference list of the dozen or so dishes that I can have on their permanent menu. (If you do not have allergies, your choices are much more generous).
I made my own reference list of the dozen or so dishes that I can have on their permanent menu. (If you do not have allergies, your choices are much more generous).
Here is the list I made for myself in August, 2020. (Note: they add dishes from time to time). Those on this list are (as well as I can figure out) meals without gluten or casein, the allergens I need to avoid.
Joan's Personal Freshly List
(Gluten-free, Casein-free*)
(Gluten-free, Casein-free*)
Almond Ginger Chicken
Arroz con Pollo
Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Livorno
Chicken Teriyaki
Coconut Curry Chicken Bowl
Grilled Citrus Chicken
Seared Summer Steak
Sierra Chicken Bowl
Springtime Chicken Pilaf
Tangy Sesame-Citrus Chicken
Thai-ish lemongrass bowl
Three Grain Chicken Pilaf